CLINICS IN EAST OTAGO
KTKO Ltd have partnered with other Maori health providers to set-up nurse-led but community owned clinics across Otago.
Our relationships for the contract include,Te Hou Ora Otepoti Whanau Services – Corstophine Community Hub, Tumai Ora Whanau Services, Uruuruwhenua, Tokomairiro Whanau Services, Ministry of Health, Southern Primary Health Organisation, Public Health South, Southern DHB.
The Nurse-led Clinics are co-ordinating a range of health and social services that include – nursing service, pharmacology – health literacy, public health – health promotion, smoking cessation, family start, child immunisation, podiatry, other social services.
The service will be led through Nurse-led health and social service clinics held at marae, health or social services bases and other premises.
The Nurse-led Clinics are provided in the following communities:
- Cromwell clinic – 1 per month
- Ranfurly clinic – 1 per month
- Roxburgh clinic – 1 per month
- Puketeraki marae – 1 per month
- Te Whare Koa marae – 1 per month
- Tokomairiro clinic – 2 per month
- Te Hou Ora clinic (Dunedin) – 1 per month
- Te Hou Ora clinic (Corstorphine) – 1 per month
The key objectives of the initiative are to:
- advance Whânau Ora and affirm positive Mâori approaches which improve Mâori health outcomes
- promote Mâori service delivery systems that value health and social service collaboration and employ whânau centred interventions
- recognise service models that address the needs of whânau, hapu, iwi and Mâori communities
- enhance physical, spiritual, mental and emotional health, giving whânau control over their own destinies.